Linton Regional Medical Center does not have a physician on the premises 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When a physician is not present, patients with healthcare emergencies will be assessed and treated by qualified medical personnel, with physician support available via phone and/or will be transferred to another hospital when necessary.
The Linton Hospital opened Oct. 26, 1953, as a 20-bed facility managed by the sisters of St. Francis of Tiffin, Ohio. The seven sisters dedicated their lives to caring for others through healthcare ministry. They managed the hospital until an administrator was hired in 1962.
The 11-unit assisted living facility consists of both single and double room apartments.
As part of this remodel, the laboratory was expanded for the addition of equipment that allows more in-house testing. The emergency department and patient rooms were also updated, including a new air exchange system for patients with air-borne illnesses.
Today, the Linton Regional Medical Center (LRMC) is a federally recognized, award winning Critical Access Hospital. LRMC employs more than 100 people and operate a 14-bed facility with 24-hour emergency services and three affiliated clinics: Linton and Hazelton in Emmons County, ND, and Campbell County Clinic in Herreid, S.D.